Gnoportage aims to be a graphical front end to the Gentoo portage system.
***Tentative schedule for releases**
Release 0.4 (Alpha)- Scheduled release date February 28th.
- User interface will rely on libglade, which is part of improving coding standards for the project.
- Initiation of prefrences dialog for settings for the program, use/make conf editing.
- An improved file browser, with simple search capacities and a stop button.
- List of fixes for the consistency of the user interface.
Release 0.5 (Beta) - Scheduled release early March.
- File Browser filtering using eggtreeviewfilter.
- The implementation of the perl backend, parsing of make.conf, use, portage.mask.
- Queue for ebuild process.
Features being integrated.
- emerge -p depclean
- qpkg -q some_package
- emerge -C old_libs dep_clean says_i_don't_need
- ebuild editing
- listview icons
- HIG compliance
- Download mirror selector